Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vancouver 2010

Ok, so Canada did not win more medals than the rest, however Canada did win more events than the rest. I never thought that not winning enough Bronze medals would be an issue. Today I don't believe it is. Every athlete that came to our great land to compete came to do their best. They all tried. Some succeeded, some failed, but they all lived the Olympic dream.

I am still amazed at the humanity of the entire games. The victories and failures played out on peoples faces is why the Olympics is so special. You don't do this stuff every day. You don't understand what the athletes and coaches really go through. Neither do I, but I do see it played out on their faces and in their effort. Sometimes they do well and sometimes they do not. All the time they produce drama. They make stories. They make you proud, no matter what country you come form.

Olympic games are expensive. Olympic games are worth the expense. It is worth it to see people be great. It is worth it to inspire others to be great. It is worth it to cheer on those who win and those who don't.

There are a lot of people who are against the Olympic games. I hope those people are unhappy for all their days ahead. If it wasn't for this movement, the world would be a much more bleak place.

I enjoyed the games a lot. I will remember that hockey game today, but I will also remember Jon Montgomery winning Gold in a sport I really knew nothing about, and he grew up a block away.

No comments:

Post a Comment