Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Curling Woes

I play the fine old game of curling. It gives me something to do and work at through the winter. I enjoy playing it. A good curling game can be really exciting to be part of. I do admit I am not a big fan of watching it.

I'm pretty good. Not perfect by any means but I can make some pretty good shots, just not all the time.

That's the problem.

I seem to be making one really bad shot per game. I mean really bad. On Sunday I made a triple take-out. Yup, I managed to knock all three of our rocks out of the house with a single shot. We didn't win the game. Today, I missed my last shot horribly in one end, leaving them lying 5. The real problem was they still had a rock left, so they managed to pick up 6. Really bad if you ask me. We were not able to recover from that one.

I know I am never going to win a world championship or go to the Olympics and curl. The one bad shot I seem to make every game will definitely take care of it, but I usually have quite a bit of fun most of the time and that is probably what keeps me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment