Wednesday, January 20, 2010

NFL Playoffs - Conference Championships

I got a bit busy last week and forgot to post my predictions for the divisional playoffs. Probably a good thing since I wasn't particularly accurate in my mind.

On to the conference championships.

AFC - Indianapolis Colts hosting the New York Jets. As much as I like Rex Ryan and the amazing run the New York Jets are having in the playoffs I don't know if it will keep going. They have a coach with passion. He is the son of Buddy Ryan. Buddy Ryan once got in a fight with his own team. That's passion and you can see it in Rex as well. However, on the other side of the ball is Peyton Manning. If the game is close the elder Manning brother will probably win. He is that good. For that reason I'm going with Indy.

NFC - New Orleans Saints hosting the Minnesota Vikings. This one is tough to pick. Both teams have exciting quarterbacks. Both teams know how to win. Both teams know how to play in a dome. This one it tough but I think Brett Favre is having a magical season at 40 and it will continue past this weekend. I see the Vikings in the Superbowl.

There they are, my predictions for the upcoming week-end. Around supper time on Sunday we will know how well I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment