Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fore!

I went on my first round of golf this evening. The course was in terrible shape, the Mosquitos were nearly overpowering, and we didn't keep score. Despite all that I played fairly well. I struck the ball well. I putted well. I did not chip well at all. If I can get my chipping back under control without ruining another part of my game I could have a good year on the links.

I know a lot of people say this but I do not golf as much as I should. Good golfing weather is also good flying weather. Since my employment includes a lot of flying it is easy to see the situation.

Golf is an interesting sport. If you are brave enough to attempt it and if you make one good shot, you will most likely play again.

It's easy to see why people like golf. It's an outdoor sport. It's a social sport. It's a lifetime sport. The challenge never goes away. For me it's a way to escape. I take off my watch, and put the phone in the bag. I head out and work my way around the course, challenging myself to be more accurate. Sometimes I do quite well, sometimes I do not.

I like golf. I like the challenge. If I had more time to golf in would even like my golf scores.



No comments:

Post a Comment