Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's Up With The Bomber's Coach

I haven't heard much from new Blue Bombers Head Coach, Paul LaPolice. I am just fine with that. Since I was old enough to understand, there have been 2 head coaches hired by the Bombers who have made a lot of noise immediately after being hired, Jeff Reinebold and Mike Kelly. We all know how well they did at coaching the Big Blue. They had good intentions but their execution was off. In a business that is all about performance that just doesn't cut it.

The current coach said one thing that matters to me. At the press conference when he was hired he indicated that the organization would be respectful at every level. Other than that, he hasn't said much.

I like this about him. I like that he is working a lot and talking very little. I like that it will be the performance on the field that he wants us to judge him on. I like that he sees his place and wants to do it right.

I do have to admit that as a staunch Bomber fan one of the best parts of the rival Saskatchewan Roughriders has come to Winnipeg, but that's just a bonus. Even if it is a rather good bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment