Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Classic Time

Well its is set. The New York Yankees will take on the Philadelphia Phillies in the World Series. It should be exciting. A-Rod has finally showed up in the post-season. The Phillies looked pretty unstoppable in the playoffs, just like the Yankees. I don't know who is going to win. I am not going to prognosticate on this series.

I am going to talk about the effects of having both teams home parks within 90 miles of each other.

It isn't good for baseball.

I'm not saying that the teams deserve to be there, I'm saying that teams need to be geographically spread out to ensure more people can be engaged by baseball.

Playoff baseball is compelling. It is exciting. Every pitch matters. Unfortunately so many teams are out of the race so soon that people just quit watching by the time the playoffs roll around.

This series is going to be interesting. I will watch some of it. I hope anyone who likes baseball, even just a little bit, watches it. There will be drama.

With the parks only about 90 miles apart, I don't know how many people will really be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment